Saturday, January 15, 2011

Conversations from my life, #1

Heard at the “Jive and Dine” fundraiser at the Middle School cafeteria last week:

Evelyn: (a rather long description of some grievance or ailment, expressed in a dramatic fashion that I can’t replicate because I was half-listening while wondering when the fresh coffee would arrive)...


Joe: smirk and eye roll

Jason: a bemused yet loving look and smile that says, ‘OK, really, now, Ev’

Evelyn: smiles good-naturedly and laughs


Me: “See, that’s why I love Jason, he can just look at you and bring you back to reality, if one of us tried that...”

My husband: “YEAH, Ev, if I tried that, you’d be giving me the black thought cloud look...”

Evelyn: “Hey, Dad...” stares intently

Joe: smirk "Ev, are you going to eat your breadstick?"

No comments:

Post a Comment